Beaches & Parks
- Monroe County-owned parks and beaches are open.
- The pickleball and tennis courts at Higgs Beach are closed.
- Reynolds Street Pier at Higgs Beach will continue to close at 4 p.m. nightly. Restrooms at Higgs Beach are closed. Volleyball is not allowed.
- Practice social distancing by limiting gatherings to no more than 10 people and maintaining a separation of at least 6 feet from others. Monroe County officials stress that if federal and state directives are not followed, closures can happen.
- Unless directed by the state or CDC, the County will continue to keep its other county-owned parks and beaches open. County officials see it as a space where residents can practice social distancing that is productive for mental and physical health.
- Law enforcement is doing regular patrolling of all areas.
- County-owned playgrounds are being sanitized daily.
City of Key West
Please visit the City of Key West’s website for up to date information on closures, openings, and restrictions.
City of Marathon
City Park, Ocean Front Park and both Sombrero and Coco Plum Beaches are open. However, due to safety concerns and an inability to mitigate them at this time, the following restrictions apply:
- Playgrounds, basketball courts, skate park will remain closed.
- Fields will be open for exercise, but no organized games will be authorized.
- Pavilions and barbeque grills at the beach will be inaccessible until further notice.
- Dog Parks, tennis courts and the baseball field will be open for individuals practicing safe social distancing.
- Groups of more than 10 are not allowed.
- Hours of operations will be from dawn to dusk.
- Minors must always be accompanied by an adult.
Villages of Islamorada
- The Founders Park Aquatic Center, Fitness Park, playgrounds and Park Office remain closed.
- Founders Park and Founders Park Beach are currently open to Islamorada residents only.
- Tennis and pickleball courts may be used, with singles play only, no more than 10 users in waiting area.
- Basketball courts are for individual play only, no games or contact, must have own equipment.
- Dog park may have no more than 10 users at a time.
- Golf cage may have no more than 2 users at a time.
- Founders Park walking trails may be used by individuals and small groups if they are all members of the same household. Please observe social distancing guidelines.
- The area known as the Fills from MM 77.5 to 79.8 are closed until further notice.
Effective Monday, May 4, DEP will implement phase one to reopen Florida State Parks, taking measures to ensure the protection of staff and the public. Visitors should expect limited hours, capacity and amenities. Phase one includes approximately 80 parks and trails with the exception of Florida Keys state parks. Visit The Florida State Park Safety Update Page for an updated list of state parks that are open.