Schools & Utilities
Monroe County School District
- Information on the public school closures in Monroe County can be found at the Monroe County School District’s website www.keysschools.com. Decisions about the schools are made by the school board’s superintendent and the elected school board.
- New information from the superintendent: https://mymcsd-fl.blogspot.com/.
- Supplemental/Optional Instructional Content for students: https://www.keysschools.com/
Page/6572includes resources for students and parents seeking activities for students to do in the interim.
College of the Florida Keys
All CFK locations—Key West Campus, Middle Keys Center, and Upper Keys Center—are open to students and the public during normal business hours. Students, parents, and community members needing assistance may visit the College in person for service. However, we encourage all to continue to utilize technology (phone, email, etc.) to communicate whenever possible. Visit www.CFK.edu for department contact information.
Keys Energy Services (KEYS)
Keys Energy has suspended in-person services at its Customer Services center and field crews will begin implementing enhanced social distancing procedures with customers. KEYS operating hours will remain unaffected by these changes.
- www.keysenergy.com - Utility bill payments, service connection/disconnection/transfers
- 305-295-1000 with any questions or requests, M- Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dropbox: 1001 James Street in Key West or in front of the Shops of Ships Way in Big Pine Key
- Mail: Keys Energy Services, P.O. Box 279038, Miramar, FL 33027
Customers experiencing hardships should contact KEYS’ Customers Services at 305-295-1000 or via email at Web.Accounts@KeysEnergy.com to make the necessary arrangements.
Florida Keys Electric Cooperative
Florida Keys Electric Cooperative has closed its lobbies and suspended in-person services in the field. Drive-throughs and phone services remain open.
FKEC drive-throughs are open Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM.
- 91630 Overseas Hwy, Tavernier FL 33070
- 3421 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, FL 33050
- www.FKEC.com bill pay, stop/start/transfer service, live outage viewer,
- Email: member.service@FKEC.com
- Member Service Office: 305-852-2431
- Pay By Phone: (855) 385-9912
FKEC line crews remain on-call 24/7 to restore power should an outage occur. If you see crews working in the field, please keep a safe distance to protect yourself from dangers associated with electrical repairs and the spread of COVID-19. FKEC provides power service to the Upper and Middle Keys.
Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority
There are no issues regarding water in the Florida Keys. The Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority has suspended in-person services at its three customer service offices and has also suspended in-person services with customers in the field. The drive-through at our Tavernier Customer Service Office has reopened. Services are available through a variety of remote options.
- www.fkaa.com for online services
- Call 305-296-2454 with any questions
- Email email@example.com
- Drop boxes are located at the three customer service offices and on Ships Way in Big Pine Key.
Key Largo Wastewater Treatment District
KLWTD will remain open, but as a precaution for the community and staff, but is limiting the number of customers permitted to conduct business in the administrative office. Customers needing assistance are encouraged to do so by telephone or e-mail. The doors will remain locked during regular business hours, but customers will be permitted to enter on a case by case basis. If documents need to be submitted, an electronic version is preferred.