The Public Information Office’s primary responsibility is to provide accurate and timely information to the public and media about the actions, policies, and public meetings of the Monroe County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) and the County’s 25 departments.
The Public Information Office is also provides the primary information for Monroe County Emergency Management and Monroe County Fire Rescue.
Responsibilities of the Public Information Office
- Writes and distributes news releases.
- Maintains the County’s official social media communications across all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, NextDoor, and Flickr.
- Creates content and maintains Monroe County websites.
- Interacts with members of the media and public and responds to questions from County residents.
- Arranges press conferences, ceremonies, and public meetings.
- Works with state and federal government entities to ensure County residents receive information about programs, grants, and opportunities.
- Creates the State of the County Annual Report.
Monroe County Official Social Media Sites
For inquiries and questions related to Monroe County government and Monroe County Emergency Management, contact Public Information Officer Kristen Livengood at 305-680-8226.
Public Records Requests
The Monroe County Attorney’s Office is the custodian of Public Records for the Monroe County BOCC. Requests can be made here.