Business Hurricane Early Reentry Placard Program
Monroe County Emergency Management acknowledges the need for qualified critical private sector businesses that provide services and crucial supplies to be granted early reentry. Together with essential response personnel, this will further allow the restoration of community lifelines more efficiently and timely.
Emergency Management has updated the Business Early Reentry Placard registration form for 2024. The questions are similar but require additional documentation to be uploaded.
The documentation requirements are essential to assist County and municipal officials govern how they can utilize all critical businesses and their services for response efforts post-event.
Please read below to learn what documentation your business will need to apply for Early Businesses Reentry Placards.
Hurricane Business Early Reentry Placard Application
If your Monroe County-based business qualifies as providing a critical service, you can obtain early re-entry placards for your essential personnel prior to a storm. This will allow timely access into the county for damage assessment of your business before continuing your essential business functions to assist in recovery efforts. Each business owner or manager is encouraged to register and submit required documentation and credentials prior to hurricane season for our County/municipal officials.
The application period for 2024 Early Reentry Placards begins March 1 and ends May 1.
Essential Information Prior to Applying
Medical professionals of any kind need to go through the hospitals. Hospital officials can contact you for assistance and will grant you reentry when and if needed.
All critical businesses that are based or operate in OCEAN REEF must contact the Ocean Reef Public Safety office for early reentry.
Do not proceed to apply until you have gathered all the required documentation. Once you begin to apply, you must complete the form in the same session. There is no option to Save and return to finish where you left off.
Required documents for ALL applications:
- For-Profit Business - A copy of your current ‘Monroe County Business Tax Receipt’ is required. NOT YOUR FEDERAL TAX RETURN
- Nonprofit Business - A copy of 501(c)3 Determination Letter OR 4506-B Affirmation Letter
- **misplaced your letter? You can download copies of original determination letters (issued Jan. 1, 2014 and later) using the online search tool: Tax Exempt Organization Search (TEOS).
- A list of essential personnel and their job title, and driver’s license number if asking for more than two placards for your business using the spreadsheet provided here. USE OF THIS PROVIDED FORM IS REQUIRED. Save to your computer and upload the completed document where requested on the application.
Additional required documents where applicable:
- A fully executed current memo or contract in effect through December 2023 with Monroe County or Municipality specific to assisting the government, first responders, or municipalities in recovery where one exists.
- A template to create a Business Emergency Plan using a fillable .pdf can be found here. Save to your computer to upload where requested and retain for your reference.
- If your company has more than one holding, please find and complete the spreadsheet provided here: Holdings List Spreadsheet. Upload to form where requested. You’ll be asked for a list of additional locations and a point of contact for each location, along with their job title and phone number where they can be reached during a State of Emergency.
A confirmation number will be displayed immediately above the application's Submit button. Write this down and store in a safe place. You will need this for future questions or concerns.
Applications that do not provide complete information, including supporting documentation and/or provide false/misleading information, will be denied and may be banned from future consideration in the Placard Program.
A link to the 2024 Early Reentry Placard application will appear in this space when the application period is open.
- For questions on completing the application email here.
- For technical questions use this link.
- For information on Citizen Windshield Stickers click here.
Monroe County Emergency Reserves Corp (MERC)
Individuals who go through Monroe County’s Community Emergency Response Training (CERT) and become part of the volunteer Monroe Emergency Reserve Corps also can obtain early re-entry placards.