Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee was established on May 21, 2008 by Ordinance 014-2008 replacing the previous Workforce Housing Task Force. The mission of the committee is to address the issue of affordable housing opportunities for residents and workforce and to fulfill the requirements in Section 420.9076 of the Florida Statutes regarding the Local Housing Assistance Plan.
On February 18, 2009 Resolution 062-2009 was adopted retiring current membership, changing method of appointment, spreading required categories of membership through the Commission districts and setting a minimum frequency of meetings to once per year unless called more frequently by the BOCC.
The Board of County Commissioners adopted Resolution 139-2015 (May 20, 2015) establishing the duties of the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee. At the June 10, 2015 BOCC meeting Ordinance 014-2015 amending Section 2-700 was adopted to establish the 14 member committee.
Three additional members were appointed to the Committee at the June 2015 BOCC meeting.
On July 15, 2015 the BOCC approved a contract with FCRC Consensus Center, Florida State University, to participate and facilitate the Monroe County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee. Resolution 189-2015 (filing pending) was passed to add one additional duty to the committee’s tasks, namely, to evaluate and propose additional mechanisms to qualify and monitor the occupants of deed-restricted affordable housing.
ADA Assistance: If you are a person with a disability who needs special accommodations in order to participate in these proceedings, please contact the County Administrator’s Office, by phoning 305-292-4441, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., no later than five (5) calendar days prior to the scheduled meeting; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call "711".
Accommodation Request Form
|Sylvia Murphy||Monroe County BOCC||Expires: 11/2018|
|Heather Carruthers||Monroe County BOCC||Expires: 11/2020|
|Tim Root||District 1||Expires: 11/2020|
|Kurt Lewin||District 1||Expires: 11/2020|
|James D. Cameron||District 2||Expires: 11/2018|
|Randy Wall||District 2||Expires: 11/2018|
|Warren Leamard||District 3||Expires: 11/2020|
|Ken Naylor||District 3||Expires: 11/2020|
|Hana Eskra||District 4||Expires: 11/2018|
|Edwin Swift III||District 4||Expires: 11/2018|
|William Wiatt||District 4||Expires: 11/2018|
|Jim Saunders||District 5||Expires: 11/2016|
|Stephanie Scuderi||District 5||Expires: 11/2016|
|Joanna Weinhofer||County Administrator||Expires: 06/2019|
|Ed Davidson||County Administrator||Expires: 06/2019|
|Bill Hunter||BOCC||Expires: 06/2019|
Monroe County Resolutions
- Res 158-2008 (Membership appointments)
- Res 062-2009 (Committee membership)
- Res 375-2012 (SHIP Partnering program)
- Res 139-2015 (Expanding Committee duties)
- Res 189-2015 (Added duty/qualify and monitor deed-restricted affordable housing)
- Res 393-2015 (Collaboration with Cities on affordable housing)
Monroe County Ordinances
- Ord 014-2008 (establishing Workforce Housing Task Force)
- Ord 014-2015 (expanding committee membership)
Monroe County Land Development Code
- Monroe County Code Section 2-700 (Affordable Housing Advisory Committee)
- 2015 Monroe County Workforce Housing stakeholder Assessment Report (Robert Jones/FSU)
- Florida Housing / Affordable Housing Study Commission
- Florida Housing Coalition
- Florida Housing Data Clearinghouse
- Sadowski Trust Fund (State dedicated documentary stamp tax funding source for affordable housing)
- Sadowski Housing Coalition (a nonpartisan coalition of housing-related organizations)
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program
- Tourist Impact Tax
- Monroe County Land Authority